Have you ever wondered how the professional cleaners, cleaners just like Maid to Shine, get your home so clean? How do these cleaning services get something like the bathroom toilet clean? Is there a secret formula? A magic trick? What are their secrets? Perhaps you’d like to be able to clean your toilets just as well as the best maid services around town? If so, these little nifty toilet tips are for you!
So how do the Maid to Shine cleaning techs clean their toilets? We’ll give you a brief overview of our meticulous, toilet cleaning ways. Just remember to clean from the top to bottom— almost everything you clean in your home benefits from cleaning from top to bottom.
- As a first step, spray the toilet hinges with your go to cleaner. Letting them soak while you clean other parts of the toilet is helpful since it can loosen up any grime in this very tight area.
- While your toilet hinges are soaking in the cleaner, sprinkle a little bit of baking soda into the bowl. Take your toilet scrubber, and scrub the inside of the basin until it’s clean. Flush to rinse the baking soda and debris away.
- Spray down your toilet (from top to bottom, all of the layers: including the toilet hinges, lid, seat, lip of the bowl, underside of the bowl, the toilet support, and the floor space immediately around the toilet) with the same cleaner that you used on the hinges.
- Once you’ve done all of this, wipe down (again from top to bottom) the entire toilet. Start with the top-most part of the tank, wiping it down thoroughly and getting all the dust, debris, and grime off that you can. Work your way down the sides and front of the tank, continuing to pull and wipe everything off.
- To clean the hinges, take one layer of the rag you’re using, wrapping it around your index finger, and use it to get into the tight edges of the hinges. Be sure to soak up all of the cleaner that might be sitting there.
- Continue by cleaning the layers of the toilet lid, and work your way down to the bottom bowl of the toilet. Get the stem of the toilet and the lower bottom crevices. Wipe everything off, and use as many rags as it takes. Once one is too grimy or wet to use, grab another.
- Once you’ve wiped down the entire toilet, wipe down the baseboards and the section of floor immediately around the toilet.
If you commit to follow these steps regularly, it’s a great first step in keeping your toilets immaculately clean. Your toilets will always be as clean as the local maid services get them. So kick back, relax, and rest assured knowing you don’t have to worry about your toilets any longer.